Movement: Lots! This girl has the wiggles. On the weekends, I feel like I’m on my feet more and moving around so I don’t feel her quite as much. But then when I’m back to work on Mondays, she is usually pretty wild!
Cravings: I’m not craving too much out of the ordinary, but just coming out of the ridiculously HUNGRY phase. Y’all I was SO hungry during most of the second trimester. It hit me out of nowhere one day. I pretty much had to eat a little something every few hours. Also, I am super thirsty and downing lots of water.
Sleep: Overall good, but like when I was pregnant with Emerson, I’m awake early in the morning. Like wide awake at 5/5:30 a.m. Little miss likes to wiggle around then too.
Loving: I’m a little hooked on stocking up on a selection of adorable bows for our girl. I mean the outfit isn’t complete without the right accessories?! I’ve bought mostly the kind that have the nylon headband attachment, knowing that phase is first. You can convert them to clips later on, which I plan on doing.
- High impact workouts. Teaching a modified high/low class now. I miss my flexibility too.
- Putting on shoes or shaving my legs without a struggle
- Getting off the couch without feeling like a flipped over turtle
- Sitting with Emerson in my lap. I can barely do it these days, and mostly put him next to me.
- I cannot forget to mention: W I N E
Looking Forward To:
- finishing touches on the nursery
- checking more off my to-do’s list, including packing hospital bags, brother’s overnight bag, our bags, etc.
- more nice weather. I try and walk daily around a big loop in our neighborhood. I bring Big E with me so pushing him in the stroller up the hills is fun 🙂 but worth it. I swear by daily walking in the 2nd and 3rd trimester along with drinking plenty of water for making pregnancy and post-pregnancy bounce-back so much easier.
- of course … meeting our girl! The idea of having two under two is kinda wild, but we are excited and ready.
Dressing The Bump
I’ll be honest, I don’t do tons of bright colors and bold prints, but this floral maxi dress from Shop PinkBlush totally caught my eye out of a huge selection! I love the long maxi length, paired with a sleeve. This dress is totally appropriate for just about anything from wearing to the office, church, casual every-day errand running, or to something special. The length is good. I’m 5′ 5″ and feel comfortable wearing flat sandals or heeled wedges with it.
PinkBlush has been a go-to source for me during both pregnancies. Most of their dresses can be worn while pregnant or not, which is a great plus! They have a huge variety of styles and sizes to choose from.
This dress had another perk to it because it has pockets! Any dress with pockets gets bonus points with me. This dress is so comfortable and you cannot go wrong with an easy, breezy maxi maternity dress.