The last time that I gave a full Emerson update was when he turned one back in November, so I thought I’d share a little bit of life with 1 1/2 year old Emerson!
- totally obsessed anything with wheels or that spins
- wrestling with daddy. They do this “rawrrrr!” thing that he is crazy about
- going to the playground or parks
- his babysitter Diana, they adore eachother
- preschool activities and friends
- going “bye-bye”, putting on shoes and going for walks in the neighborhood with me daily
- being chased
- playing outside
- loves animals
- still a ladies man, and super flirty
- brushing teeth
- cuddling at night
- reading books
- doing ‘body parts’ where we ask him “where are your eyes?”, “where is your mouth?” and he points to them
- still has no use for getting his diaper changed and getting dressed, haha. It must interfere with how busy he is 😉
- getting his hair rinsed during bathtime
- not big on eating meat. He will occasionally have a bite of a chicken nugget but overall, he’s not interested. We try to give him other kinds of proteins to supplement – eggs, beans, etc. He also takes a daily multi-vitamin gummy.
- being told no
- having to stop playing and get ready for bedtime
- We started Emerson in with part-time preschool around the beginning of the year and he struggled with dropoffs for several weeks at the beginning. Like everyone said, they eventually grow out of it, and now he runs down the hall and into his class each day excited to see his teachers and friends. He has really enjoyed all the good that comes with preschool – activities, structure, playing with peers.
- We had a really rough winter with Emerson and sickness. He was picking up every bug and virus possible, it felt like. After a string of ear infections last summer/fall, we decided to have tubes put in his ears. That has helped tremendously. He still caught a good deal of things, but the ears were almost never part of the equation, which meant a lot less of antibiotics. I’m happy to report that he seems to be building his immune system up lately because we’ve had less frequent flier miles through out pediatrician office! This kid will be golden by the time he gets to kindergarten!
- Emerson is talking a lot these days. We don’t let him have his pacifier unless it’s nap or bedtime so he has plenty to say during the day. We talk about animals, shapes, colors, numbers and he is doing a great job repeating.
- He doesn’t mind getting his haircut. He’s been a handful of times and he smiles and laughs when they take the clippers to the backside of his head. Usually we have him just sit in our lap for the trim.
- Still a great sleeper. Goes to bed each night between 7-7:30 p.m. and is usually up around 6:30 a.m. He isn’t one for sleeping realllly late, but we are lucky he’s always been a good, solid long sleeper. He takes one nap a day after lunch, usually from 12:30-ish to around 2:30 p.m.
- His preschool took school pictures two weeks ago and my child acted like a professional. Big cheesy smile ON POINT! Guess it’s not his first rodeo at picture taking! 😉
- Just this week Emerson has started this new fun thing this week where he does an epic collapse when he doesn’t want to stop doing something. You know the kind … the dead weight, flat on the floor, your poor pregnant mama has to bend over and peel you off the floor kind. Good times!
- lately he’s been flipping his plate over at dinner – trying to work on stopping that!
I’m not going to lie, this kid sure keeps me on my toes! Running after this toddler is no joke these days. He is fast and fearless! Mr. Opinions and Personality Plus! I have a staple wardrobe of go-to comfortable, toddler-chasing, yet cute pieces that I wear in rotation. This top from Shop PinkBlush that I’m wearing is the perfect length to wear with leggings, shorts or jeans.
What’s on Emerson’s plate these days:
- Van’s waffles – blueberry is a fav. He eats one of these almost every day for breakfast with a side of fruit
- scrambled eggs
- almost all fruits – cut grapes, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, pears, bananas
- peanut butter on a spoon
- peanut butter & jelly
- pasta – mac & cheese, spaghetti, ravioli – loves it all
- green beans
- baked beans
- sweet potatoes, fries
- raw baby carrots
- loves snacks – goldfish, pretzels, veggie sticks, fruit snacks, cereal, etc
- recently started having interest in ketchup and dipping things
Emerson probably doesn’t have the concept that he is getting ready to have a little sister join the family in a few weeks, but that’s ok. They will be 20 months apart. I’m sure he will learn to love her and they will be good buddies before no time! My heart is so full just thinking about it!